- Free public transport
- Free carriage of bicycles on public transport
- Ending all tax concessions for company and company-purchased cars
- The imposition of a public transport levy on all CBD employers with more than 10 staff, along the lines of the French versement de transport.
- Special levies on developers who gain access to commercially profitable sites close to railway stations and bus interchanges.
- The reclassification and redeployment of all public transport staff whose job has been the sale of tickets to passenger assistance/security functions, with no loss in pay or conditions.
- Rebuilding public transport staff numbers to ensure safe, comfortable and efficient services.
The Socialist Alliance supports free public transport and will set up and run a national free public transport campaign which seeks to resource and support actions at the local level."